When deciding on constructing or refurbishing a driveway, patio, or walkway, one of the main decisions a homeowner will encounter will be what type of material to use for the project. Should you pour a standard concrete slab? Use asphalt or crushed gravel? What about interlocking concrete pavers?
We would like to break it down to help explain the benefits of using interlocking concrete pavers over other material choices. Sri Velavaa's concrete pavers, with their aesthetic appeal, variety of designs and colors, and strength, are the perfect choice for your next paving project. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Durability - The physical properties of the interlocking pavers allow for nearly 4 times the load bearing weight of a standard concrete slab, (Approximately 8000psi compared to 2000psi of some concrete slabs). This high strength of the concrete pavers allows for heavier loads and longer life than that of standard concrete or asphalt. When looking at the durability of asphalt surfaces it must be noted that they have only moderate strength and will break down with traffic over time. With gravel, due to the fact that it is not permanent, it will require regular filling and therefore does not provide a durable, long-lasting surface for such applications as driveways, pathways, or patio areas.
2. Flexibility - The flexibility of an interlocking concrete paver system allows for adjust to the environment as well as avoiding seismic distortion and cracking. In the case of concrete slabs, there is a lack of flexibility which will lead to shrinkage and cracking over time. Although somewhat flexible, the same is true with asphalt as it will crack over time and soften with high temperatures. The flexibility of concrete pavers over other paving materials add to the longevity of the concrete paver system, providing you will a long-lasting paving option.
3. Repair and Maintenance - Repair and maintenance of interlocking pavers is simple, easy and affordable. If for some reason a paver becomes damaged or stained, you simply need to remove the offending paver(s) and replace it with a new paver(s). Repair and maintenance of concrete slabs and asphalt are more complicated. Stains and cracks to concrete slabs and asphalt lead to expensive and time consuming resurfacing projects which will likely occur multiple times over the lifetime of the paved area. As far as gravel areas, they must be filled in frequently. Over time and with use, the surface will become uneven.
4. Long Term Cost Benefits - Clay paving provides an easy repair and recycle solution. If they ever become damaged or stained, it is simply a matter of lifting off the damaged paver and replacing it with a new one. Just like replacing a small piece of a jigsaw puzzle. Therefore, the overall maintenance and replacement cost is significantly lower than other forms of paving materials, such as asphalt.
5. Fast Installation - Clay paving materials can be laid in any type of moderate weather condition which helps to keep the cost of installation, time management and budgeting issues in check. The installation process is relatively simple, quick and easy, so they are ready to be trafficked upon immediately after the installation process is finalized.
The beauty, strength, flexibility, and economic aspects of Interlocking Concrete Paver products make them a wise choice for any paver driveway, patio paving project, paver pathway, courtyard, or pool side hardscape applications.